Stained Glass Windows
The church has many colourful examples of Victorian stained glass windows. Most of the windows were commissioned in the time of canon Wrennal (1865-1913) and are dedicated to members of his family.
It is believed that PUGIN designed the stained glass windows surrounding the present altar area. Examination of the parish records and the windows show that the Barnett family (stained glass painters) was commissioned to carry out the work.
Two of the windows have portraits of parish priests, one dedicated to Canon Watson who died on the 11th October 1865 and was parish priest from 1857. The other window is dedicated to Canon Wrennal on the occasion of his Golden Jubilee to the priesthood and is dated 1906.
Parish records show that further stained glass windows were erected in 1866 and 1867. The saints illustrated in the main altar windows behind the high altar are St George with the dragon, Mary, Our Blessed Lady, St Thomas Aquinas Patron of the church.
Shown in the side windows are St Mary, St Joseph and St Henry. In the entrance porch the windows are dedicated to St Edward and St Radulphe. Radulphe is the Latin name for Ralph and at the time of the alterations in 1849, Ralph Platt, former parish priest of Stella (1847 - 1857) was the Bishop of the area.